Sunday 10 September 2017

Osaka Castle

This morning I decided to check out Osaka castle in all its glory, so headed out there and headed up through the eight floors which is really more of a museum. I had an audio (which was free!) as well as reading the, slightly wrong, English translations of the exhibits which was interesting as the audio guide would say either more or less information than on the fixed signs. The top of the castle had an excellent view of the city.



 Top of the castle


Afterwards, I stopped for lunch in a tiny Okonomiyaki restaurant run by a wife and husband who were very kind and made me a veggie Okonomiyaki. I also met an eccentric man who owned several properties in Tokyo which he let out on Airbnb who described himself as a 'super host'.


I head back to the area my hostel was in checked out the local Ukiyo-e museum which was just around the corner and had a go at making a print myself!



Then I briefly saw the tiny temple next to the museum.



Then, I noticed that there was an onsen really close to my hostel so I headed over, all ready for an onsen time, but unfortunately, it was only available to the patrons of the hotel where it was in. Then I had dinner at a restaurant and coincidently got placed next to the only other foreigner who could also speak Spanish! We had a walk around then met some other random people and enjoyed the city vibes.

Glico man!

2017年9月7日

No comments:

Post a Comment