Friday 8 September 2017

Kamakura⛩

This morning started with a short train trip to Kamakura! As we arrived, we walked through the main street towards a temple which was lined with bollards which were meant to appear old but were in face advertising various companies which sponsor them (My friend told me he often saw Americans taking photos of themselves in front of them..) Then we made our way to temple and I got a really good fortune given to me (the best! My friend got the middle one).


Then a squirrel came to say hello!



Posing on a fancy bridge
Casually walking through the streets

After walking around a bit, admiring the temples and gardens we went to another temple and did some calligraphy! Below you can see my progression from novice to master.















After that, we gave my book into the monk to sign and stopped for a bit of traditional Japanese Buddhist funeral food (as it's all vegetarian) which was delicious and beautifully presented. Then we went and visited my friend's Grandparent's grave and said hello, and then collected my book from earlier. Then made our way to 大仏!(Big Buddha) When we got there an old man was kind enough to instruct me on the correct way to position my hands in order to correctly imitate the giant next to us.


Feeling at one with everything around us.

Finally, we ended the day by going to karaoke for three hours, which had some interesting drinks available: Opera voice, Clear voice, Reggae voice, American husky voice, and last but not least, London punk voice.

We then had dinner where we grilled our own food on a hot plate which was fun and then had a good rest after a day of walking around and singing.

My friend Masa shot this video of our trip, enjoy!💖


2017年9月5日

No comments:

Post a Comment