Thursday 14 September 2017

Tokyo times

Today I met up with another friend in Tokyo and we went to an art gallery with a strange web thing you could climb into, it felt like we were eggs in an insect's egg sack.




After all that art, we went and got some shaved ice in Shibuya and admired the lovely construction work that was going on there.



Then we made our way to Harajuku and visited the Meiji shrine even though it was closed, it gave the place more of a spooky feel. Then we walked around Harajuku for a bit, the sky was really pretty.




Finally, we got some dinner in Ueno and said goodbye. Then I headed onto a language exchange which was close by at a 'British pub' which was fun but started to break down a bit as a cockroach interrupted the evening. After that had finished, I went with some of the people I'd met there to another bar and I met a lady who worked in agriculture who was responsible for giving the beetroot seeds I'd planted at the farm their specific pink colour. Apparently, it was very in important to have this specific shade which was very difficult to get right. I also met a guy who'd just spent a year in Leeds studying abroad, his accent was fun to listen to. Afterwards, I walked to the hostel and didn't get lost for the first time!

2017年9月13日

No comments:

Post a Comment