Monday 21 August 2017

Welcome to Gunma!

This morning, me and my friend went searching for an appropriate breakfast to mark the sad occasion of our separation after such a short period of time together. After searching for a while for something veggie in two supermarkets we gave up and went to a fast food takeaway shop where I ordered undo with seaweed and we picked up some milk ice tea on the way back to the hostel by which time the soup the udon had been in had leaked everywhere in the bag (luckily it didn't go anywhere else). After that partially unsuccessful breakfast we said our goodbyes at the station and I boarded a shinkansen for the first time! It was super fast and quite spacious, I was surprised at the amount of leg room you get actually.


At Takasaki I transferred and boarded a local train to Numata and half way there, there was a bit of a commotion as a hornet was buzzing about by the windows, luckily it disappeared after being trapped in between the train blind and window and being hit with a bag by several high school girls for a while.
Poster that caught my eye in the shinkansen

When I arrived I met my host family plus another volunteer who was leaving that evening, a husband and wife with two small children (4 and 2 years old). I played with them for a bit and then we all had lunch together and then I went and sorted and cut the root off bad beetroots with the other volunteer and dad for a while.


 After that, I had some free time so I unpacked and settled down. In the evening I played with the kids again while Sawami prepared dinner and then we ate! By this time I was so exhausted I just went straight to sleep~


またね、東京
2017年8月20日

No comments:

Post a Comment